Strath Glebe's whitewashed facade maintains the classic Isle of Skye traditions whilst on the inside you have all the modern creature comforts. Book direct on our website to guarantee the best online prices for your stay at Strath Glebe.
Ground floor family bedroom and private lounge
Our family friendly bedroom includes a king-size bed in the front portion with breathtaking views of the Red Cuillin, Loch Cill Chriosd and Blaven. Through the open doorway to the rear we have a full sized sturdy bunk-bed and more stunning views including Ben Suardal plus all the usual facilities including an en-suite with a large shower.
This allows us to cater for a family of four or any combination of four people (adults and children) happy to have a king-size bed and a bunk-bed. An additional child two years old or under can also be accommodated free of charge and we have travel cot and high-chair available, so you don't even have to pack these for your stay.
Our guests have the exclusive use of a spacious and stylish lounge complete with log fire and freesat tv. The bookcase is home to mainly local and Scottish books including a selection for children in Gaelic and English. There are also maps and an information folder. WiFi internet access is available throughout the house. The magnificent vista from the dining table is sure to distract even the most hungry of diners at any time of the day.
For all this, our pricing starts at £200 per night for the room. During quieter periods 2 or 3 guests can sometimes be accommodated for less - please check the website for availability to confirm if this is available for your stay. Our cheapest prices will always be on our own website.
10% Off All 4 Night Stays!
Book four nights and get a fantastic 10% discount off your stay when booked direct on our website. Book direct for our guaranteed best price.
The bedroom has a king-sized bed and a strong bunk-bed, so four adults can be accommodated or a family of four. One further child under two can also be accommodated in the room. We have all the usual facilities for making tea and coffee, plenty storage including space for your luggage, a spacious dressing table with hairdryer and an en-suite with a large shower and all the linen and towels are provided too. This season we have added a small fridge to the room to make your stay even more comfortable.
The lounge has a well stocked bookcase, freesat tv, cd/dvd player, games, puzzles, a log fire and wifi access if you tire of looking out at stunning scenery and the abundance of wild flowers, birds and animals that live on and around Strath Glebe. Outside there may also be a chance for you to collect your own breakfast eggs from our free range chickens or depending on the time of year, feed the sheep or Highland cattle.
We can provide a travel cot and high-chair for babies and toddlers on request. An iron and ironing board are available upon request and we also offer, for a small fee, a laundry service for those staying 3 or more nights. Packed lunches can sometimes be provided too with prior arrangement. Storage is also available in our agricultural shed for cyclists and those with outdoor equipment that needs kept in a dry place.
Further benefits of a stay at Strath Glebe
Our house is non-smoking in all rooms and we are sorry but we do not accept pets inside, though dogs can be housed in the outside kennel, if friendly, and they are happy to share with Morag our playful Border Terrier.
There is ample off-road private parking right beside the house to make the carrying of your luggage to your room just a short trip. If you favour a walk or two, there are plenty to be enjoyed in and around Strath Glebe such as the Marble Line Path.
In the morning you can enjoy a splendid and varied continental platter as well as cereals or wholesome porridge. A packed lunch can be provided upon request. In the evening guests, can use the dining room to eat meals they have brought in themselves.
Terms & Conditions
- The accommodation will be available from 4:00 pm on your day of arrival and we ask that you check in before 8:00 pm. A later check-in may possibly be accommodated if arranged in advance. We are also happy to try to accommodate early luggage drop offs if requested in good time.
- The rooms must be vacated by 10:00 am on your day of departure (later by strict prior arrangement only). Late exits made without prior arrangement may incur an additional charge.
- Our house is strictly non-smoking throughout.
- Cancellations can be made up to 14 days prior to the date of arrival, though our standard 25% non-refundable deposit will be retained.
- Cancellations made within 14 days of the arrival date are liable for the full payment. However if the room can be let again only the 25% non-refundable deposit will be retained.
- An additional charge will become liable if excessive cleaning is required or for excessive damage caused to furniture and/or fittings.
- An additional charge may also be levied on unarranged late check-ins and we reserve the right to refuse entry from 10pm for such unarranged check-ins.